Editor’s Note (DS): Personally I’d rather not touch anything related to politics or the US Government on this site, as we’re suppose to be about cartoons, and even we fail at that most of the time in terms of coverage. But so many folks did wake up to a living nightmare. Blame the writer’s of Back to the Future, they predicted it all. StatManDan wrote some kind words, and if that lifts the spirits of at least one of our three readers just a tiny bit, its worth it.
And now some words from StatManDan.
After the results of the US Presidential Election, some are joyful, but others are in despair. This is for those who are in despair right now. I hope I am not infringing on Sprocket’s territory, but I feel this needs to be said right now.
Today and last night, it was disappointing. There’s no two ways about it. We are still sad. So what do we do?
- We do what we always do—take our licks, pick ourselves back up, and carry on.
- We do what we always do—we learn from our mistakes and do better next time.
- We do what we always do—we keep our heads up.
- We do what we always do—be ourselves, continue to do good, and be there for each other.
- We do what we always do—never give up hope for better times for us and be confident that we will win next time after a loss even as painful as this one.
- We do what we always do—hope and push for a better future for ourselves, our family, our friends, and others.
- We do what we always do—we live to fight another day.
- We do what we always do—we’ll pull through this.
- We do what we always do—we’ll find a way to make the world a truly better place.
- We do what we always do—and we’ll continue to do so.
I firmly believe there is still room in this world for honestly, laughter, generosity, kindness, loyalty, and magic (and even empathy at this point). If I take anything from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, it’s the lessons that the show teaches and the mettle in the characters who personify the Elements of Harmony. I’ve made some friendships in the five years I’ve been watching the show and hope to make more as the show progresses.
There is stuff to look forward to in 2017 such as a seventh season, conventions, the continuation of the comic series, chapter books by GM Berrow, Equestria Girls specials, and of course, the movie in October. If the ride ends in 2017, I will be on here and proudly say this was one of the best rides I’ve ever been on and my hope will be for the fandom to continue and continue to espouse the show’s messages long after the show’s final episode.
It’s not much, but as upset as I or anyone else is right now, I am determined to bring smiles to everyone I know just like you would for me. Because we do what we always do.